When I started this business, my number one goal was to truly make an impact in the lives of our clients. I know so many women like me who are trying to do it all when, really, we need to give ourselves grace and ask for help. After a year of business, I’m happy to share that we’ve done just that and more. We’ve given back 7,934 hours to busy professionals and households over the past year! With that time, clients have been able to:
- Spend more time with their loved ones and family
- Relax after a long day
- Make home a destination instead of a chore
- Get peace of mind because their to-do list is done
- Get time back in their lives for the people and projects that matter most
While I also set out to create more opportunities for our Home Coordinators, what I didn’t account for is how much of an impact we would make for the women that we employ. It’s incredibly inspiring and meaningful to hear what they’ve had to say, including:
- “I searched for work for two years before anyone would hire me. MySherri took a chance on me, and I’m so thankful!”
- “This company saved my life.”
- “For the first time ever, I have a savings account.”
- “I felt courageous enough to leave an abusive partner because I had the support network with MySherri to do so.”
These are all things I didn’t know would happen. I thought a lot about changing the lives of the women we serve, but what I’ve realized is that the women I serve are my people. They are everything to MySherri and our success.
We started the business with two employees and six clients; now we have 15 employees and three dozen clients, along with a waitlist for September. It speaks volumes about the work we’re doing and the people we’ve brought on.
What I’ve learned over the past year is that slow is really fast and fast can be very slow. We are right where we need to be right when we need to be there. As long as we trust the process, it’ll happen as it happens—and we’re ready for what’s next.
We’re not just building a company; we’re building a movement where we show women that it’s ok to ask for help and to receive it. Whether people become a MySherri client or not, it’s ok to change the story about women’s worth and work. It’s ok to do things differently. It’s ok to ask for more.
To our clients, our team, and our supporters, I thank you. Because of you, our mission of normalizing support in the home while reducing the shame and guilt associated with asking for help only continues to grow and thrive. Let’s keep the momentum going.
Cheers to year one,